Perhaps, the natural materials of polished plasters have added artistic and aesthetic beauty to your home’s interior and exterior design. Polished plaster can increase the architectural life and beauty of your living room, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, and more.
What is polished plaster?
Polished plaster contains fine marble dust, lime and glossy pigments like oil and wax. It gives a polished and marble-like or limestone finish to your walls. A wide range of polished plasters are available in different texture, colour, and finish. It is versatile, eco-friendly, durable, and easy to maintain. Polished plaster can elegantly define your interior and exterior in different stylish designs.
The increasing popularity of polished plaster has introduced many fake as well as genuine suppliers in the U.K. You can visit www.evokepolishedplastering.co.uk to get the premium polished plasters and venetian plastering denver co services of the Evoke Polished Plaster Interiors, the U.K.’s leading company in plastering industry.
What are the different types of polished plasters?
Mainly, there are five types of polished plasters popularly found in the residential and commercial buildings of the U.K.
- Venetian plaster – It mainly contains high marble dusts to provide marble-like high gloss finish.
- Marmorino plaster – It contains lime and marble dust to create glossy natural finish with different textures.
- Pitted plaster – It helps to create heavy to fine level of pitting design and requires a skilled artisan.
- Metallic plaster – A skilled and experienced craftsman can use metallic plaster to create a luxurious finish and aesthetic effects on your walls.
- Stucco plaster – It gives limestone-like finish and grainer look due to its premium limestone content. It is ideal choice for art galleries and walkways.
Image Credit: https://pixabay.com/photos/texture-backdrop-background-pattern-625142/
How to maintain polished plaster walls?
Here are some of the top tips for maintaining your polished plaster walls.
- Wax protection – After applying polished plaster, you can seal the walls with a wax protection to make them waterproof.
- Gentle cleaning material – When cleaning polished plaster, you must select a mild soap, water and microfiber cloth. You must avoid any harsh cleaning materials which can potentially damage the wall surface. Also, after cleaning process is finished make sure that the wall is thoroughly dried.
- Regular inspection and repairs – Although the polished plaster is highly durable, continuous climatic changes and daily life can lead to cracks and scratches. You must regularly inspect your walls for such glitches and repair them immediately.
What are the advantages of polished plaster?
The main advantages of applying polished plaster on your walls are listed below –
- Waterproof – Polished plaster creates a smooth waterproof finish which is suitable for damp places like bathrooms. It protects you against the growth of mould and mildew.
- Breathable surface – Polished plaster on your walls regulates humidity to help maintain indoor temperature and air quality.
- Eco-friendly – Polished plaster contains natural, odourless, and organic elements. It does not release any harmful by-products in the surroundings.
- Easy repair and maintenance – The waterproof feature of polished plaster helps to protect your wall against any grease, dirt and grime. It makes cleaning and maintaining process of your wall much easier.